Monday, August 27, 2012

Nesting

I have heard of this term before, and I have now experienced it...all summer long.  I have been nesting, although there is not much for me to do to get ready for this baby until we get to our apartment in Idaho and get to set up his nursery, but he sure is all I think about all of the time.  About two weeks ago Jordan's  mom starated working on some burp cloths for baby that she would crochet a coordinating trim on.  Although I never had patience for learning to knit or crochet through all my years of young womens and craft classes, I decided I wanted to crochet something for the baby.  I looked up a how-to tutorial with a pattern for a baby hat on you tube and my mother-in-law helped me get started.  Here is my progress on the first crochet project I have ever enjoyed and had the motivation to finish.
It is a beannie style hat with earflaps- gray with a naby blue trim

Also through the course of the summer, my growing belly has been quickly increasing in size. 
30 weeks

33 weeks

34 weeks
I often forget how round my belly really is until I look in the mirror or struggle bending over.  Just on Saturday, Jordan and I went to some friends' wedding at the Los Angeles temple.  After a few minutes of struggling to get my sandles buckled, I finally walked out of the women's dressing room barefoot and found a seat in the waiting room so that Jordan could come to the rescue and put my shoes on for me.  Empathizing with my predicament, he sure got a LOT of compliments from the temple workers that passed during the 30 seconds it took him to put them on. 

1 comment:

  1. Ashlee, I love the hat!! I love the cute belly pictures too! Only five more weeks!

    ReplyDelete