Friday, August 17, 2012

A few 'firsts' of the summer

Although we came down to California mostly for work, we have found some time to have a little fun.  Jordan served his mission in Chicago and there was able to experience and develop some of his favorite food tastes which I have heard about, but never tried.  Rosati's, a restaurant that originated in Chicago and serves authentic Chicago style food, just opened in Temecula.  Out on our date night, we gave it a try and I got to experience my first Chicago-style deep dish pizza.
Let me tell you....it is quite a loaded pizza.  It is a thin style crust that goes up the sides so the middle of the pizza can be filled with cheese and other toppings.  I loved getting to try one of his favorite memories he has from his mission.

I also recently had my first baby shower. Not only that, it was a surprise shower too.  We were coming to Utah for a weekend because there was a Price family reunion, but just two days before coming I told my mom that I was going to fly in a day earlier to spend some time with them before the reunion started.  In two days my sisters planned this shower for me and my friends made every effort to get work off so they could be there on such short notice.  It was fun to see everyone and I loved all the cute baby things. 
Erika and Savannah with me at the shower

No comments:

Post a Comment