Monday, May 16, 2011

A Few Fun Memories

I love that Jordan is only 4 hours away now instead of 14, but even with the weekend visits, I still miss him all the days in between and think that I saw him every single day last fall.  Saying goodbye just gets harder, but we made it through the long winter so hopefully these last couple months won't seem too long. 

Rugby games...I got to watch them last fall and love that I got to make it up for his first game this spring.  I had seen rugby before but I came to love the sport even more when I started dating a rugby player and watching him play is always more fun :) I still don't understand everything, but I still think it is very exciting!
Jordan posing at one of his rugby games
One of my favorite times last fall was celebrating my birthday (maybe its because I like attention...I don't know...I hope thats not a bad thing).  I think the older I get, the more I enjoy my birthdays...they just seem to get better and better. 
First Jordan surprised me by having flowers delivered...isn't he wonderful!?
Right at midnight Jordan and his friends sang to me then decided to decorate me with streamers and balloons.

We ate at Red Robin and I had no idea, but Jordan and my roommate told our waitor that it was my birthday so the staff surprised me with a song, and ice cream sundae, and what they call "birthday ears".  And yes, they insisted that I wore them all through lunch.
As it started getting colder we also got to have lots of fun in the snow sledding, snowball fights, building snowmen, and skiing.
Laughing and screaming while Jordan threatens me with the snowball

We made the head for the snowman.  It took Jordan plus a few of my uncles to lift up that large thing.  The snowman was huge- I think I measured up to just its shoulder.

Thanks to Jordan and his family, I am becoming a skier.  I have gotten to go skiing with them twice and it has been so much fun! This is my first trip when it was frustrating in the beginning, but I loved it when I could finally make it down the mountain without falling by the end of the day.  I don't think Jordan got the best thrill snowboarding that day because he patiently followed me down the mountian, but I think I provided enough entertainment with a few dramatic falls.
The best memory of all was my wonderful Easter surprise...we got engaged!!  Jordan planned a creative proposal and he did a good job at keeping me completely clueless. 

So Excited!!

 

1 comment: